Silicon Valley lies in the South Bay and the southernPeninsulaof the San Francisco Bay Area. Once best known for its prune orchards, the area underwent explosive growth with the creation of the high-tech industry in the 1960s.
Notable Places in the Area
Work of art
The Gates of Hellis a monumental sculptural group work by French artist Auguste Rodin that depicts a scene from the Inferno, the first section of Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy.The Gates of Hellis situated 1¼ miles southwest of Silicon Valley. Photo:Till.niermann,CC BY-SA 3.0.
Localities in the Area
- Type: Geographic region
- Description: subregion of the San Francisco Bay Area known for its concentration of high-technology industry
- Category: technopole
- Location: Bay Area, California, United States, North America
- Latitude: 37.443° or 37° 26′ 34.8″ north
- Longitude: -122.1545° or 122° 9′ 16.3″ west
- Elevation: 121 feet (37 metres)
- OpenStreetMap ID: node 5368437129
- GeoNames ID: 6940309
Also Known As
In the Area
One’s destination is never a place, but rather a new way of looking at things. – Henry Miller
Popular Destinations in Bay Area
The Free Map
|Your world is
Escape to a Random Place
About Mapcarta. Thanks toMapboxfor providing amazing maps. Text is available under theCC BY-SA 4.0license, excluding photos, directions and the map. Based on the pageSilicon Valley. See this page’scontributions. Photo:Wikimedia,CC0.
* : ) here → *